1.13.2011

To all you nicu mom's

GOSH DO I ADMIRE YOU!!! This has been day 4 of us being at the hospital from 8 to 7 each day and I am exhausted...I can only imagine what months and months and months of this must do to a person. It is a lot of work to learn to be a parent in the nicu, I look at all these women leaving the hospital with their children and am envious of them...I did not get that and not sure when I will get that. I am very thankful to God for what he has done for us, he has blessed us with two healthy babies and that can NOT be taken for granted and it is not, but I just want them home. I want to learn to be a mom without having your baby in cords and in incubators and trying to change your babies clothes and diapers in incubators is not an easy thing...I want that special bonding and I know that I will get it, but gosh I can't imagine doing this more than a week and tomorrow is a week and I am almost certain that Will and Luke will not be coming home at the same time which is another obstacle to tend to..Steve and I have also been snapping at each other- just frustrated and tired and annoyed that they are here and not home, but then we say that we don't want them home until they are healthy enough to be home...it is all a catch 22...so my point of this post is to those moms of nicu babies- I feel you- I admire you and I know your pain on wanting to start your life as a mom with your babies being with you side by side...but it will happen, it will happen.

3 comments:

  1. Been thinking about you. Hang in there....I can't even imagine how exhausting it must be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mol, I love you so much and I'm so sorry for all that you're having to go through to get your sweet boys home.

    I don't know what it's like. All I can say is I will always be here for you no matter what.

    This just happens to be part of the plan for your life. But hopefully the nicu roller coaster will be over for you and Steve soon. And your family can be home.

    Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete